Sunday, July 28, 2013

Gojira - then and now 2014?

Many years ago, Kaiju or giant monsters films have been a craze for decades. My mom introduced me to the franchise with Godzilla (54') or the American version with Raymond Burr. Its funny how a series with a big lizard attacking a city could be so entertaining. As a kid I often wondered how they made these films work, and still have a following. And I am thankful to still enjoy it! I mean what would films be without monster movies?

I recently found "The Godzilla Collection" via our local library. I have been for years since "Final Wars" trying to obtain it. But the cost was so insane, yet its fun to re-watch all those films (and a few I have never seen before). I have never watched the films with original dialog, so I am itching to watch them in their original format (especially the original).

It is so tough to write a review about one film, when there are tons of these titles. Even with the original classic still pushing film makers and viewers buttons still today. Oh and even more fun new, Godzilla 2014 is a go, with a release date and wrapped filming.

This is just a teaser entry, but I plan to do some more concise writing about the big guy and his buddies very soon!

http://www.godzilla-movies.com/‎ *site with news covering the new Godzilla reboot + news worldwide!

No comments:

Post a Comment